Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of narrow:
- noun: a narrow strait connecting two bodies of water
- verb: make or become more narrow or restricted
Example: "The selection was narrowed"
- verb: become tight or as if tight
- verb: become more special
- verb: define clearly
Example: "I cannot narrow down the rules for this game"
- adjective: limited in size or scope
Example: "The narrow sense of a word"
- adjective: not wide
Example: "A narrow bridge"
- adjective: very limited in degree
Example: "Won by a narrow margin"
- adjective: lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view
Example: "A brilliant but narrow-minded judge"
- adjective: characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination
Example: "A narrow scrutiny"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #69735)
Search for narrow at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for narrow (New!)
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse